Online Entry for U16/15 County Championship 2020
Monday 26th July 2021
Conditions of Play in addition to General Conditions for the U16 County Championship (Stevens Cup) & the U15 County Championship (James Heath Trophy) 2021
a. All ages to be taken as on 31st December 2020 with a minimum age of 8.
U16 County Championship – 15 years and under handicap index limit 12 and below
U15 County Championship – 14 years and under handicap index limit 12 and below
b. Entries will be limited to 45 and if the Championship is oversubscribed a handicap ballot will take place on exact handicap index eliminating those with the higher handicap index. The ballot will take place the day after the closing date and will be final.
c. The U15 & U16 County Championships shall each be decided over 18 holes stroke play off scratch which will be qualifying and in the event of a draw there will be a play off.
d. Spectators are welcome but MUST remain at least 25 metres from the competitors throughout the round and may not interfere with play.
e. Facilities for practice rounds, if any, will be supplied with the start sheet.
General Conditions of Entry
1) All Championship and Trophy events shall be played in accordance with the R&A Rules of Golf and Local Rules as approved.
2) All competitors must be:
i) Of Amateur Status as defined by the R&A
ii) Be an affiliated member of a Surrey Golf Club
iii) In possession of a Handicap Index under the current WHS Scheme and not exceeding that determined by Surrey Golf as a condition of entry.
3) Entrants may not have taken part in another golf Championship of another County affiliated to England Golf during the same calendar year.
4) Entry into any under 18 Surrey Championship/Trophy will only be accepted on submission of an online Player Profile and Consent Form which can be found on the Surrey Golf website under ‘Juniors’, ‘Health & Safety’. (If one has already been submitted as part of another Competition or the Surrey Development Programme there will be no need to submit one.)
i) Entry is online and all forms must be complete, accompanied by the online payment. Unpaid entries will not be accepted. All online forms and payment must be received by 12 noon on the closing date.
ii) No entry fee will be refunded if withdrawal falls within 4 days of the event except in the event should a competitor have been balloted out and does not subsequently compete.
iii) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Competitions Committee which reserves the right to accept or refuse entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
6) Any competitor who, for whatever reason is not present on the tee when called upon to start will be disqualified and they shall be asked to write a letter of explanation to the Competitions Committee. If he does not so, he will be barred from entering or taking part in any Surrey event for such time that the Competitions Committee deem appropriate.
7) Players shall always walk during a stipulated round unless permitted to ride by the Championship Committee. Except in cases when competitors claim exemption under the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Acts 1995 & 2005 by producing a Medical Certificate signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner. Medical Certificates must be provided to the Secretary not less than 5 clear days prior to the start of the competition. Competitors shall always be responsible for providing their motorised buggy/trolley. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
8) Caddies are not permitted in any circumstance.
9) All competitors are required to play with golf balls which are on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls issued by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
10) The driving club the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
11) Any competitor who during an event, including practice days, misbehaves by, for example, swearing, throwing clubs, or vandalising the golf course or Clubhouse, or acts in any manner which might bring the game into disrepute may be barred from entering or taking part in any Surrey event for such period as the Competitions Committee may see fit.
12) All disputes will be settled by the Competitions Committee.
13) By entering this event you acknowledge that we will use your contact details to inform you of your tee time by email and to alert you of any changes that will directly affect you in relation to this event
This competition requires that fees be paid to complete entry. If the payment process is not completed, your entry may be removed.